Skip to content


Local Resources for Families in Need

Town Welfare Office. All towns in New Hampshire are required to assist their residents with basic needs, which includes housing. If you need financial help, contact your town or city hall and ask for the welfare official. If the welfare official is not available, ask for the town or city manager. 

South Western Community Services will be conducting housing assistance appointments by phone only. Please call 603-542-9528.

Call 2-1-1 in New Hampshire or visit their websites for housing resources including overnight shelter, rental housing, tenant rights, and more.

New Hampshire:          Vermont:

Click here for information on how can help!

Evictions and Foreclosures

For up-to-date information regarding evictions and foreclosures in New Hampshire, please visit:

Click here to find the SCS serving Sullivan & Cheshire Counties

Southwestern Community Services
Serving Sullivan and Cheshire Counties
Phone 603-352-7512

NH Legal Aid
Legal Information, Referrals, and Pro Se Assistance

For additional Assistance:

Guidance to Plan, Prepare, and Respond to COVID-19

Resources for Shared and Congregate Housing